Thursday, September 29, 2011

My sister’s presence


My younger sister’s untimely demise was a shock. I used to think that after her retirement we would have a lot of time together. We were talking to each other every day on phone before she was admitted in the hospital. The last words that I spoke to her before she passed away were ‘I love you.’ Those words spontaneously came to me. Even though we loved each other very much, I had never before uttered those words to her.

Even after she had left her body, I could feel her presence very strongly. Whenever I used to step out of the house, suddenly butterflies would appear in front of me. I knew it was an indication of her presence. Once I was out of station to conduct a course. I was in the reception area of a hotel. Since it was air conditioned, it was a closed space. There were some potted plants nearby. We were asked to wait for some time and as I was sitting down, a butterfly suddenly flew near me.

Another day while I was working on a patient in the dental chair, a butterfly flew from behind the dental chair and crossed me. My assistant and I were totally surprised since it was not easy for a butterfly to have come inside the clinic.

Once when I stepped out of my house to get flowers for puja, butterflies were leading me on. This has been happening for a long time since and I just thought in my mind,’ I know this tells me of your presence, but please give me concrete evidence.’

I went inside the house collecting the flowers, and found that the computer was on and my husband was not working on it. I thought I would just check my mail and when I clicked, the name that popped up in front of me was that of my sister. Of course it was a mail from some body else with the same name. It was an odd mail that some times comes to an account and it was only on that day I got a mail from some one with the same name, not before, not after. I exclaimed aloud, ‘Thank you. I got the tangible proof.’

No comments:

Post a Comment